Parklawn Recreation Association was established in 1958. Our members are drawn mainly from Parklawn, Heywood Glen and Lincolnia Hills. Though all are welcome to become members.
Nestled in the Holmes Run valley, surrounded on all sides by trees, our pool is an oasis from noise, traffic and congestion. Our 250,000 gallon “Z” -shaped pool provides a six-lane, 25-meter pool (with dedicated adult-only lap lane), diving area, and shallow area for beginners. Our new 450 square-foot wading pool provides ample space for children under 6 and their parents to relax and play.
Our swim team, the Parklawn Piranhas, is a member of the Northern Virginia Swim League and takes part in meets in June and July. The League schedules meets in accordance with team strength, so every event is hotly contested. The swim team’s coaches provide youngsters the training needed to develop strength, skill and stamina in the water, while allowing them to compete in a truly nurturing environment. An added benefit is the tremendous bond of friendship that develops, not only among kids of similar ages, but across all age groups, as older swimmers act as positive role models, providing assistance, encouragement and lessonsin good sportsmanship to their younger teammates.
Please see our Swim Team Brochure for detailed information about our team:
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NVSL League – Summer Season
- Our regular summer season is approximately 9 weeks starting after Memorial Day and ending July 30th. We celebrate the end-of-the-season with a swim team banquet on Saturday, July 30th. Swimmers who advance to NVSL Individual All Stars will practice for one more week and have a meet on Saturday, August 6th. Every year, we will have swimmers who advance to All Stars!
Convenient Practice Times
- We offer both evening and morning practices to accommodate your family’s busy schedule. Evening practices start after Memorial Day. Starting June 20th, we offer both morning practices and evening practices.
Your Swimmer will Swim at Meets
- We have approximately 5 “A” Meets and 4-5 “B” Meets against other NVSL swim teams. A Meets are held Saturday mornings and B Meets are held Monday evenings. Also, our team participates in a relay carnival where swimmers compete in relay races with their team members and an IM carnival where swimmers compete individually in the IM.
While Coaches select who swims at NVSL “A” Meets, all of our swimmers can and are encouraged to participate in “B” Meets. Our swimmers select the events that they would like to swim at our “B” Developmental Meets (with recommendations from our coaches).
Piranhas Pep Rallies & Fun Outings
- Our Piranhas know how to have fun! Every Friday night during the swim season, we host pep rallies at the pool. Past pep rallies included a Water Balloon Fight, Crazy Hair, Tie-Dye T-Shirts, Trick or Trunk, and Cake Bake.
Registration, Fees, and Discounts
- Please see the JOIN page for more information on registration, fees, and discounts.
Please contact us for information about new swimmer discounts. Mini-Piranhas developmental team and swim lesson program has different fees, depending on the level of instruction and number of sessions enrolled.
- Please contact us at email@example.com for more information